This guide describes how to sync your Hubspot and Regal Voice contact, and how to bring Regal Voice events into your Hubspot contact profile's activity feed as a custom Regal Voice timeline event.
Step 1: Log into the Regal Voice app. And navigate to "Integrations."
Step 2: In the Hubspot Integration card, click "Connect."
Step 3: This will prompt you to auth into your Hubspot account.
Step 4: Select the relevant Hubspot account, click "Choose Account."
Step 5: On the next screen, click "Connect app" and complete the Captcha.
Step 6: This will take you back to your Regal Voice account, and once the integration completes installation, it will say "Connected."
Step 7: Back in the Regal Voice app, on the Hubspot card, click "Edit."
Step 8: Map the relevant contact attributes from Hubspot to Regal Voice. For the Hubspot attributes you must use the internal_name of the attribute, not the display name.
To find the internal_name of your Hubspot attributes, go to your Hubspot account and navigate to "Contacts" > "Edit properties" > "Export all properties." That will allow you to download a csv of all your contact properties with a column for the internal_name.
- There are certain contact attributes like first name and phone that Regal Voice expects and has already named, so you just need to tell Regal Voice which attributes on your hubspot contacts map to those.
- For opt in, if all of your contacts are opted in, you can toggle on "Opt in all"; if however, not all of your contacts are opted in, you will need to have contact properties in Hubspot that represents opt in. For those properties Regal Voice expects a value of "true" if the contact is opted in or "false", if not.
For any other contact property you'd like to map to regal voice, just click "Add Attribute." You can add as many as you'd like.
Step 9: Select what you want Regal Voice to do if a contact is edited in Regal Voice or if there is no matching contact in Hubspot.
When a new contact is created in your Hubspot account, a new contact will be created in your Regal Voice account and appear in the Audience tab.
The attributes you mapped in the above configuration step will appear on the contact's profile if you click on the contact in Regal Voice. We automatically pass the unique link to the hubspot contact profile into an attribute called "hubspotLink" so your agents can have quick access to the contact's Hubspot profile from Regal Voice.
Phone number required
A phone number is required for Regal Voice to create a contact. If a contact is created in Hubspot without a phone number, it will not push to Regal Voice. If a phone number is later added, it will.
Anytime an update is made in Hubspot to one of the attributes you've mapped, that will push an update to the contact in Regal Voice with the new attribute values.
If a new deal is created in your Hubspot account, it will create an event in Regal Voice called "Deal Created" with all of the properties of the deal.
As deals are moved through the funnel stages in hubspot or updated, it will create an event in Regal Voice called "Deal Updated" with the properties that were updated.
As part of the integration, Regal Voice publishes sms and call events back to Hubspot so that they appear as cards on a contact's activity feed in Hubspot.
- Call completed
- Call recording link available
- SMS conversation completed
- SMS message sent
- SMS message received
Example card below for a Call completed event:
Once you've completed the above steps, try:
- Creating a new contact in your Hubspot account. After a couple of minutes, you should see that contact appear on the Audience tab in your Regal Voice account. Click on the contact to see that their contact properties came through correctly.
- Updating a contact property of an existing contact. After a couple of minutes, check the contact in the Audience tab in your Regal Voice account.
- From the agent desktop, initiate an outbound sms to one of those contacts. You don't need to actually text anything, just complete the Conversation Summary, and you should see that event appear on the activity feed of the contact in Hubspot.
If you'd like to backfill existing Hubspot contacts into Regal Voice, download your contacts and properties from Hubspot and share the file in a secure way (for example, you can password protect the excel file then email it [email protected] and share the password over slack).
To download your contacts:
- Click the Contacts tab in Hubspot, select all or the subset of relevant contacts, and click "Table actions" > "Export view".
- Select "All properties on records", then "Export."
If you have any questions about how to install the Regal Voice Hubspot app or which contact properties are important to send to Regal Voice, reach out to [email protected]
Updated about 7 hours ago